The Ghost Theory
There are two kinds of dead people – the guys who die gradually, of some sickness or old age. And the guys who die suddenly, accidentally.
Now the guy who dies of old age, begins to realize a while before he actually dies, that he’s going to die some day soon. And slowly in his head he starts to dissociate himself with all his attachments – physical and emotional. He starts to switch off from his favourite car, his apartment, his music collection, his money, his wife, son, daughter, grand-children … till the moment arrives when he successfully dissociates himself from everything and everyone that he was attached to. And that very moment death arrives. The moment his soul is free and unattached, his soul is ready to travel back to where it came from. His body dies, ends, and his soul is set free and it goes back to the Energy Centre, the origin of all life.
Then there are guys who die in an accident. For them things are different. Because they do not die a natural death, they do not get the time to dissociate themselves off their attachments. They do not see Death coming, so they cannot Wind Up. These guys, when they die, they find their souls hanging in mid air. I mean there’s no body. But the soul is still attached to SO many things – like their favourite shoes, the signed Pink Floyd album, the wife, the dog, the secretary back at work, the Cappuccino, the works. Because they do not get a warning – “your time has come, get ready”, they are NOT ready. And they are tied to these material and emotional attachments till the moment they die. And when they die, the soul gets out of the body and is trapped around the Earth. Because it’s burdened with unfinished desires, it does not ever acquire the momentum it needs to break free from Gravity.
These guys stay with us as ghosts, as spirits who have a spiritual link with something which still exists on this Earth. But they do not have a Physical presence. So they stay in the atmosphere, around us, just to BE close to the object of their desire as close as they were to it or her, when they were alive. Because they do not have a body but only a spiritual presence, we FEEL them. We are aware of their presence sometimes because of our intuition – that quality in us that is extra-sensory.
Then depending on how strong the bond was, the attachment reduces gradually and they finally, in a long, long time, become free and leave.
Why?
Here’s an analogy – I’m madly in love with my girlfriend and She’s madly in love with me. We have something special going on for a while. Till one day down the road, she tells me that it’s not working out or that she’s seeing someone else. She suggests a break-up. Which means I cannot have her as emotionally as I’ve had her.
I say, “Okay, if that’s the way you want it…” We stop seeing each other, but I’m still madly in love with her. I still nurture a hope that she’ll come back to me. I still hear about her through our common friends. I still, see her at the local café. I bump into her. So there’s still her physical presence that keeps telling me that she’s here and maybe still as close.
Then one day I wake up to hear that the reason I did not see her in the past one month is because she’s gotten married and have moved to Ottawa. Half way, round the globe.
Now, this is the first time ever, I seriously start to think that maybe it’s time to move on. And that’s because her physical presence is NOT there. She’s physically reached a point where she’s way beyond me.
That’s the point I tell myself, “All right, what’s next!” And then in a couple of months I get over her.
Had she been around, had her body been around, I wouldn’t have been able to do that.
There are two kinds of dead people – the guys who die gradually, of some sickness or old age. And the guys who die suddenly, accidentally.
Now the guy who dies of old age, begins to realize a while before he actually dies, that he’s going to die some day soon. And slowly in his head he starts to dissociate himself with all his attachments – physical and emotional. He starts to switch off from his favourite car, his apartment, his music collection, his money, his wife, son, daughter, grand-children … till the moment arrives when he successfully dissociates himself from everything and everyone that he was attached to. And that very moment death arrives. The moment his soul is free and unattached, his soul is ready to travel back to where it came from. His body dies, ends, and his soul is set free and it goes back to the Energy Centre, the origin of all life.
Then there are guys who die in an accident. For them things are different. Because they do not die a natural death, they do not get the time to dissociate themselves off their attachments. They do not see Death coming, so they cannot Wind Up. These guys, when they die, they find their souls hanging in mid air. I mean there’s no body. But the soul is still attached to SO many things – like their favourite shoes, the signed Pink Floyd album, the wife, the dog, the secretary back at work, the Cappuccino, the works. Because they do not get a warning – “your time has come, get ready”, they are NOT ready. And they are tied to these material and emotional attachments till the moment they die. And when they die, the soul gets out of the body and is trapped around the Earth. Because it’s burdened with unfinished desires, it does not ever acquire the momentum it needs to break free from Gravity.
These guys stay with us as ghosts, as spirits who have a spiritual link with something which still exists on this Earth. But they do not have a Physical presence. So they stay in the atmosphere, around us, just to BE close to the object of their desire as close as they were to it or her, when they were alive. Because they do not have a body but only a spiritual presence, we FEEL them. We are aware of their presence sometimes because of our intuition – that quality in us that is extra-sensory.
Then depending on how strong the bond was, the attachment reduces gradually and they finally, in a long, long time, become free and leave.
Why?
Here’s an analogy – I’m madly in love with my girlfriend and She’s madly in love with me. We have something special going on for a while. Till one day down the road, she tells me that it’s not working out or that she’s seeing someone else. She suggests a break-up. Which means I cannot have her as emotionally as I’ve had her.
I say, “Okay, if that’s the way you want it…” We stop seeing each other, but I’m still madly in love with her. I still nurture a hope that she’ll come back to me. I still hear about her through our common friends. I still, see her at the local café. I bump into her. So there’s still her physical presence that keeps telling me that she’s here and maybe still as close.
Then one day I wake up to hear that the reason I did not see her in the past one month is because she’s gotten married and have moved to Ottawa. Half way, round the globe.
Now, this is the first time ever, I seriously start to think that maybe it’s time to move on. And that’s because her physical presence is NOT there. She’s physically reached a point where she’s way beyond me.
That’s the point I tell myself, “All right, what’s next!” And then in a couple of months I get over her.
Had she been around, had her body been around, I wouldn’t have been able to do that.


2 Comments:
Hi SaintCopywriter,
While Searching in Google for one of my student for the pros and cons of a Copywriters job,I became curious when I came across the name"Saint Copywriter". When I was going through your Blogs I came across your writing on "Ghost Theory". The Accidental Death Theory brought fond memories of my father,who used to have a somewhat similar thoughts on the Accidental Death Theory or Those Who Die Suddenly and somewhat similar writing style as yours. I wander , why there are no answer or comments on this post?Or is people so busy to read and write comments on Amitabh/Amir Blogs ?
Keep up the good work.
God Bless.
Hi Prarthita. For some reason my blog settings are appearing in THAI.Can't read. Mail me at saintcopywriter@gmail.com
P.S.: Was your father a teacher?
Post a Comment
<< Home